Saturday, March 10, 2007

Enneagram type 5: the Investigator

After TVB broadcasting two programs on Enneagram, many Hongkongers tried to find out what types they belong to recently. How should I know? Easy. Becasuse the word "Enneagram" is the most popular search in Yahoo Hong Kong last week!

When I was once practicising as a student worker, I had used Enneagram to check up my service users' personality and so to had an in-depth discussion with them. My colleagues and my boss also found it precise. Therefore, I would say it is a useful tool to learn about yourself.

Enneagram Type 5

I am a typical Type 5 (though I have done the tests several times :)) that my basic fear is "being useless, helpless, or incapable". And I "want to possess knowledge, to understand the environment, to have everything figured out as a way of defending the self from threats from the environment."