Saturday, December 18, 2004

Ultimate Kempe's Richard Strauss

Cover of the boxset

It's so wonderful for buying a great classical music recordings at a budget price! Yesterday I was killing time in a chain record store, naturally my attention had been drawn by the classical music corner. Then I found this green-coloured collection with several other EMI boxed sets. HK$228 for 9CDs! I could not believe that. It is even cheaper than the discounted cost in a famous Taiwanese online bookstore!

At last, I bought this one with "Horowitz's Complete Recordings on DG" (more costly but I couldn't resist too) and I have just finished the disc 5. The sound quality may be the finest one among all Kempe's remastered versions I have ever heard. It is absolutely the ultimate collection with an ultimate price.